Monday, July 11, 2011

The Knee Injury

The Tao tells us that moving against the flow of a river is difficult... so it is better to move with the flow, to let the river do the work for us rather than against us. Well, maybe all this exercise stuff is just up river for me.

Two weeks ago I dislocated my patella, and am still in a brace for it. Granted, it is a smaller, patellar brace (rather than the full immobilizer I previously was wearing), but I'm limited to very little activity. I've been able to manage some walking, and some moving about the homestead doing a few yard chores, but nothing truly aerobic.

Well... it's disheartening, to say the least. If I were a superstitious sort of person, I might believe that "something" or "someone" was trying to tell me something.  But, I think with enough time and rest and recovery, this will pass and I'll be back on the skates, back at the circuit training, and back toward the goals.

Until then, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment